|By Yeshim Deniz||
|September 14, 2013 05:17 PM EDT||
For cloud providers, offering predictable storage performance backed by firm SLAs will become a competitive differentiator that drives greater customer affinity and a better application experience. Many providers feel that a Software Defined Storage (SDS) frameworks hold the key to delivering guaranteed performance, yet this "software abstraction layer" is only half of the solution. SDS frameworks are dependent on the virtualized resources presented to it, and without the granular abstraction of physical storage resources, these frameworks will remain limited.
In his session at the 13th International Cloud Expo®, Dave Wright, Founder & CEO of SolidFire, will explore how to deliver guaranteed performance today, through intelligent storage architectures and software defined control planes of CloudStack, OpenStack, and VMware.
Dave Wright is Founder & CEO of SolidFire. He left Stanford to start GameSpy Industries, which merged with IGN Entertainment. In 2007, he founded Jungle Disk, a cloud-based storage and backup startup acquired by Rackspace. Wright worked with the Rackspace Cloud division to build a cloud platform supporting tens of thousands of customers. In 2009, he founded SolidFire.
- Announcing "OpenStack Fundamentals Track" at Cloud Expo
- Cloud Expo Silicon Valley: Ceph and DevOps in the Cloud
- OpenStack Fundamentals: Replacing Nova-Network with Neutron
- Cloud Expo: Delivering Guaranteed Performance Through an SDS Framework
- Cloud Expo: The Cloud Needs to Look More Like the Data Center
- OpenStack Fundamentals: Enterprise Applications from AWS to OpenStack
- OpenStack Fundamentals: From AWS Cloud to OpenStack Cloud
- OpenStack Fundamentals: Guaranteed SDS Framework Performance
- OpenStack Fundamentals: Ceph and DevOps in the Cloud
- OpenStack Fundamentals: Ceph: Distributed Storage for the Cloud